After completing the last round of custom orders, I've actually started making forward progress again! I packed up a footlocker's worth of yarn that'll go with me during our move, but I have another left to knit from for the next few weeks.
In the meantime, I've broken out the kit I've made up for the second stocking for my brother and his partner. I finished the cuff and plan on tackling some of the colorwork tomorrow while it's nice and rainy out. It's a pretty quick knit, but it requires slightly more brain commitment than I usually need. It'll be good to have those done, boxed up, and ready to mail out when the time comes.
After knocking out a pair of socks for my shop, I decided to make myself a pair of convertible mitts. They turned out pretty kick ass, if I say so myself. I originally intended them to be just red, but the cream and yellow jumped out of my scrap drawer and had to be used. The cream and yellow stripes are at the top of the cuffs, the top of the mitten flaps, and two narrower stripes run at the base of the fingers on the fingerless glove part. Pleased!
I'm the brain behind twiddletoes. Read here about material experiments, projects, and my online adventure.