I'm not a fan of Focus on the Family, no worries, but this week is going to be my week to focus on my family. I spent about a week with my mother and my grandmother and also got a short visit in with my uncle and little brother, so I'm all fuzzy with thoughts from that. My mom's family is very small and we all live very far apart, and it's very rare that more that more than two of us are in one spot at the same time.
Even more exciting is that my dad should be on American soil this evening, returning from the Middle East! He's been gone for 6 months, and I'm so excited to see him and my stepmom in a few weeks.
We came back home last night, and I've already started made a start on projects for us all:
- A pair of new slippers for my husband.
- Finishing a pair of socks for me!
- Digging through my sock yarn to see if there are any self-striping colorways that my mom would like. She was really impressed with the pair I was working on this week.
- Starting a shawl for my uncle's wedding in May.
- Making more progress on the lace piece for my grandmother.